AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export Page Layout to PNG, type 'exceptions.AssertionError'

Question asked by mpeters83 on Apr 11, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 by mpeters83
I'm using ArcGIS 10.0 sp5 on a Win7 PC and need help with a script to turn layers on/off and export the page layout to an image file. The script works until the ExportToPNG(). I have 281 layers with up to 10 attributes I have to map (static extent) so scripting the arduous task of changing each layers visibility is preferred. I have a VBA tool to change the symbology between the 10 attributes of selected layers and now I'd like to take advantage of the arcpy.mapping functionalities.

import os, sys, string, arcpy  # define list of species spLst = ['0070','1320']  try:     mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument(r"C:/Workspace/Species.mxd")      # check for broken paths     brknList = arcpy.mapping.ListBrokenDataSources(mxd)     if len(brknList) >= 1:         print "Broken Paths Exist..." + brknList     else:         for sp in spLst:             print "No broken paths, proceeding"             lyrName = "ew20km_in" + str(sp) + "_2040"                          lyrList = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(mxd, lyrName)                          for lyr in lyrList:                                  # define variables                 out_png1 = r"C:/Workspace/pixels_500/rfbird_" + str(sp) + "_2040.png"                 out_png2 = r"C:/Workspace/pixels_800/rfbird_" + str(sp) + "_2040.png"                 resolution1 = 45                   resolution2 = 72                                  lyr.visible = True # make layer visible, all other species should start as invisible                                  arcpy.RefreshTOC()                 arcpy.RefreshActiveView()                                  # export current layout view to png file                 # ExportToPNG (map_document, out_png, {data_frame}, {df_export_width}, {df_export_height}, {resolution}, {world_file}, {color_mode}, {background_color}, {transparent_color}, {interlaced})                                  arcpy.mapping.ExportToPNG(mxd, out_png1, "PAGE_LAYOUT", "", "", resolution1, "", "24-BIT_TRUE_COLOR", "", "", "")                 arcpy.mapping.ExportToPNG(mxd, out_png2, "PAGE_LAYOUT", "", "", resolution2, "", "24-BIT_TRUE_COLOR", "", "", "")                                  lyr.visible = False  except:     arcpy.AddMessage(arcpy.GetMessages(2))     print arcpy.GetMessages (2)     print "Exited with Errors.... Something is wrong"     

Outcomes