Can you force RouteTask to use a specific street?

04-09-2013 07:15 PM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
I just started playing with routeTask and, although it works great, it can produce some unintended routes. I can't see an obvious way to do this so I'll just ask- can you specify a parameter to the route task so that any route that is calculated MUST utilize a specific street?

I'm considering using the routeTask to help map road segments by specifying the starting and ending locations. The problem occurs if there's a major road that parallels the actual road I want because the calculated route will jump onto the major road instead of following the local road. In my simple tests, the route task would create the route I wanted if I was able to add another stop along the road I'm interested in and between the two end points.

Thanks!
Steve
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
*bump*?

Thanks!
Steve
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
looking through the REST help for the Solve operation, it doesn't look like it.  there seem to be more options for restrictions than for "forcing"
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Thanks, John. The documentation for routeParam is pretty vague so I wasn't sure about that. I think as a work around, I'll prompt the user to click along the desired street and then add the clicked point as a third stop along the desired route.
0 Kudos