Sharing files only within groups

04-05-2013 09:27 AM
TaoYang
New Contributor
Hi,

May I know what I should do to let me share something within certain groups but not with everyone? Should I pay to make my account private? Thanks!

Tao
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You need to purchase a subscription. You can learn about it and sign up for a trial at www.arcgis.com

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
RobertWeise
New Contributor
Hi,

May I know what I should do to let me share something within certain groups but not with everyone? Should I pay to make my account private? Thanks!

Tao

Tao,
other than getting a subscription, you can get a trial subscription for ArcGIS Online for Organizations, rather than the personal subscription.
Robert
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I assumed that because I received an account via a EULA agreement this was a private account. it appears this is not the case. what do I need to do to make it private. Thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II
If you have an Organizational subscription account and are an administrator on that account, then you can go into the organizational settings, in Security, and set it to not share data outside your organization.

If it is a personal account, all your maps have to be public. Prior to the subscription based accounts, you could make your maps and groups private. I switched one over like that recently, to a subscription based account and it was quite an experience.

Currently ESRI is providing a base level subscription to those people participating in the ESRI Business Partner program, through the end of 2013, I think.

Hope that helps some.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thankyou mll@johnsoneng.com

I thought I had my private (public) account migrated to an Organizational subscription, as that was what was offered as part of the EULA. All I was told was that it had been done. but as you say the group functionality doesn't work and all content has to be public. This is not what I want or like at all. The point being our company has invested heavily into this data and as such it remains as an item of competitive advantage to us to utilise how we please. Making the data default to Public is not a good outcome for us or myself.
Can you please elaborate on the conversion process you undetook and whom you worked with to complete this?

I dont have a "Security" setting in my profile currently so I assume this is only available in the organizational subscription version?

Thanks again
regards
Mat
0 Kudos