Bing Maps not printing

04-05-2013 07:33 AM
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
Application has been deployed for some time and printing fine until this morning. Server error:
Layer "ve": Unable to connect to Microsoft Bing service. Authentication failed. Failed to execute (ExportWebMap). Failed to execute (Export Web Map).

Print task executes fine as long as Bing is off. Is this possibly due to changes in Bing Maps services? Or do I have some other issue?
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkHoover
Occasional Contributor II
Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you, but I just wanted to report that I am still able to print Bing Maps, so I don't think it's part of the phasing out or anything.  I will note, however, that we deploy a custom Export Web Map Task, so maybe that plays a role?  Not sure, just conjecture.
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you, but I just wanted to report that I am still able to print Bing Maps, so I don't think it's part of the phasing out or anything.  I will note, however, that we deploy a custom Export Web Map Task, so maybe that plays a role?  Not sure, just conjecture.

Thanks for the report. I'm using a custom client side task with default Export Web Map and custom templates. Tried the API task with same result. I thought it might be that I had updated my templates since Bing Maps stop being available in desktop basemaps, but it had been working fine until early this morning. As a quick and dirty work around I'm hiding bing and loading world imagery before sending off to get processed. I've been having a lot of problems with graphics (specifically points and text), so maybe it's time for a custom print gpserver.
0 Kudos