Attachment problems in ArcGIS Online

04-05-2013 05:13 AM
MichaelUpshall
New Contributor II
I have a point file with attachments enabled and attached in ArcGIS Desktop. When I publish the feature to ArcGIS online, the attachments do not get uploaded. The point file has around 250 points. I have another polygon layer which has only three polygons, I uploaded this to ArcGIS online, using the exact same process and it worked perfectly. Any suggestion as to why my point file isn't
keeping the attachments in ArcGIS online?

I am able to add the attachments after the file is uploaded to ArcGIS online, but this has to be done on a point by point basis and is extremely time consuming.
Tags (2)
6 Replies
WoodyBailey1
New Contributor III
Just wanted to give this question a bump, perhaps you have received a solution to your dilema?
I too am having a lot of problems with attachments and ArcGIS Online that is leaving me frustrated.
Especially since we are due to pay significant money for this service and even more effort out
collecting data that is seemingly due to be lost because we can't get it out.
0 Kudos
MichaelUpshall
New Contributor II
No, unfortunately I was never able to find a solution. We actually decided not to use ArcGIS online at this time. Instead we have gone with ArcGIS Explorer (Desktop). Since this was for internal use within the company, we were able to make ArcGIS Explorer work without too much hassle.

ESRI customer support took a sample dataset we had and were able to upload all attachments to ArcGIS Online without any problems. Since they could not duplicate the problem they were not able to provide a solution. ArcGIS online would be more convenient than Explorer but it doesn't seem like an option right now.
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Woody,

Can you provide a few more details regarding the issue that you are running into with attachments in ArcGIS Online?

When are you experiencing the issue? Viewing the attachments in ArcMap or viewer the attachments in ArcGIS Online?

What version of ArcMap are you using?

Thanks,

Kelly
0 Kudos
PaulKarkoska
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem.  Photos are attached to points in Desktop, but after publishing the FC to online, the points have no attachments.  

0 Kudos
JustinFlannery2
New Contributor

I am having a similar problem.  I have several tables with attachments enabled and one with a few hundred photos attached.  None of the tables are attachment enabled when I upload the service to ArcGIS Online.  It's very frustrating, as there is no indication of anything going wrong.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Justin,

I'd suggest getting in contact with technical support to dig into what is happening with your dataset.

-Kelly

0 Kudos