JasonJFitzsimmons

basemap not visible after initial load in IE9

Discussion created by JasonJFitzsimmons on Apr 4, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 by JasonJFitzsimmons
Hello..I think this question is related to either/or raw Javascript and JQuery..but I think it is also related to the ArcGIS Javascript API map class, so I'll ask it here..my problem is also an IE9 issue; the app works fine in Chrome and FF.

I have a web app where a map opens up in its own div on a map click.  After loading the app for the first time, the basmap opens as expected (at first the map is only the basemap with no other layers)...but when I close the map div, then open it again, the basemap appears for about 1 second, then vanishes...but the background color, and zoom button, remain...

the map is set up in HTML this way

<div class="map-content">
     <div class="map-close" style="display: none;"><a href="#">Close</a></div><!--buttons--->
   <div class="map-fullscreen" style="display: none;"><a href="#">Fullscreen</a></div>
   <div style='width:100%;  height:100%'><object type="text/html" name ="mapPage" style='width:100%;         
                           height:100%' data='mapPage.html'>

</object></div>
  </div>

In the init JS, the basemap is added as a TiledMapServiceLayer.

..there's not a lot more code to it! as I said, all this works normally in FF and Chrome.....

I have tried every IE tag or conditional in the HTML that I have come across, but none have solved this issue...
I have
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7,IE=9" />
in the header and
  <script type="text/javascript" src="JavaScript/modernizr-2.5.3.js"></script>

is in there as well....

I hope I explained this well...I seem to have constant IE issues....
Thanks for help, Jason
(*ps I am using Jquery Mobile as well..)

Outcomes