Feature Service Credit Consumption

04-03-2013 10:59 AM
BrianFlood
Occasional Contributor
hello all

It appears Feature Services are billed for storage and outbound bandwidth. What about:

1) inbound bandwidth for edits (which probably does not amount to much)
2) query requests that use ETags where a search is performed (e.g. some server CPU/memory resources are consumed) but no outbound resources are used (e.g. the data is still valid on the client)? How is this billed?

cheers
brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

1. There is no credit consumption for inbound bandwidth.

2. Even though there is no outbound resource, there is still a response from the server that is considered outbound bandwidth. It�??s a very small amount of bandwidth (~200 bytes).

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrianFlood
Occasional Contributor
thanks mike

another quick one, what's the max amount of features an AGOL Feature Service can return in a single Query call? I know this is configurable with AGS (usually either 500 or 1000)

thanks
brian
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Publishing a feature service from desktop, it's 1000 features. Publishing shapefiles from the arcgis.com website, it's 2000 features.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrianFlood
Occasional Contributor
thanks mike

I don't think there's a way to determine this (upload from ArcMap or upload from shapefile) via the API so we'll just have to assume the lower value of 1000. fwiw, any reason why these two values are different?

also, are there any good paging samples out there? e.g. spatial search returns the max value of features, how do I get the rest of them? in other APIs, there's usually a page, offset or cursor variable that can be sent with subsequent requests to get the rest of the values. The only thing I've ever seen with the AGS REST api is to use the ID-Only queries and then cycle over all the returned values (which seems very inefficient, unless you could use an IN filter with a 1000 IDs)

cheers
brian
0 Kudos