Operations Dashboard and local services

04-02-2013 02:57 PM
Labels (1)
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I am curious to know if the Operations Dashboard is supported with Runtime SDK local services. The samples with the SDK are for custom widgets and the general OD samples I've seen point to ArcGIS Server.

Thanks,

Matt
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor
Hi Matt,

No, the Operations Dashboard does not contain a full deployment and license of the WPF local runtime, so it's not possible to use local services I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Shelly,

I'm not sure if I understand your answer, and possibly my question didn't have enough information. (Also I know very little about the deployment of the Operations Dashboard so I could be approaching it from the wrong perspective.) Based on the recent LTS, I'm guessing the answer will still be 'no' but....

If I already have a Runtime SDK for WPF application that exclusively uses local services (map, feature, geometry, and geoprocessing), am I able to use the Operations Dashboard alongside the Runtime deployment and display/consume Operations Dashboard functionality.

Or to put it another way, can the Operations Dashboard be used without ArcGIS Online?

Thanks,

Matt
0 Kudos
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor
Hi Matt,

I'm afraid it's still a no this way around - you cant use Operations Dashboard functionality inside another application, it is exclusively designed to live inside the Operations Dashboard application. For example, your only access into the objects of the Operations Dashboard API is via the OperationsDashboard application object representing the running instance of the app, or by implementing the interfaces in the API that the application then calls.

Also, Operations Dashboard does rely on ArcGIS Online (or a Portal for ArcGIS installation), yes. You cant use Operations Dashboard unless you are connecting to this and logging in with an organization subscription account. The services in the maps in your operation view may be pointing to ArcGIS Server services, or hosted services; however, they cant be local services coming from a local runtime I'm afraid.

Hope this clears things up but post back if not,
0 Kudos