WMX Postinstallation issue???

03-26-2013 11:34 AM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III
Created a new GDB in Oracle 11R2.
New user WMX was created following best practices whitepaper.
Import desired dbtune keyword "WMX"
Running postinstallation the only schema available in the drop-down list for the database connection is SDE (do not see other schema as expected, in this case "WMX").
If using SDE schema, which is not desired, cannot see the new keyword created in the drop-down list in the "Configuration Keyword" window. 

Why this behavior????  What am I missing???
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III
Follow-up...

Keyword not listed was my fault.  For the keyword to be accesible to ArcGIS users, the parameter "UI_..." must be in the dbtune for the required keyword (KB ID: 29480).

Still having the issue about schemas not available in the WMX Post-installation.
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
VivekGaikwad1
New Contributor
Created a new GDB in Oracle 11R2.
New user WMX was created following best practices whitepaper.
Import desired dbtune keyword "WMX"
Running postinstallation the only schema available in the drop-down list for the database connection is SDE (do not see other schema as expected, in this case "WMX").
If using SDE schema, which is not desired, cannot see the new keyword created in the drop-down list in the "Configuration Keyword" window. 

Why this behavior????  What am I missing???

Hi,

This is Vivek from India, I need your help, I am a new user to WorkFlow Manger and trying for the installation of ArcGIS WorkFlow Manager 10.1, I am also following esri 10.1 best practices whitepaper. My DB has completed Step1 & Step2 , I exported dbtune file and now I am not able to understand which tablespace name do I need to change with for the appropriate parameters.

If you can help me that will be a gr8 help. My Database configuration is as following. 
Only one master SDE repository geodatabase was created
The default data type is ST_Geometry
The spatial data within GIS_CVE of ORADV131 have been copied to GIS_CVE in ORADV141
Default tablespace for spatial data is  CVE_VECTOR, CVE_INDEX
Configuration keyword SRC is created to load spatial data to GIS_SRC and table spaces (SRC_VECTOR, SRC_INDEX)

I am not able to make a decision whether ##Default or ##SRC parameter, I have to choose for  configuring ##WMX Parameter, In the configure file there are certain parameters, example XML_IDX_INDEX_TAG, for this parameter which tablespace do I choose ?

For your reference, have attached my dbtune_exp.sde file, request you to kindly have a look and suggest.

Kind Regards
Vivek
vivekk.gaikwad@gmail.com
0 Kudos
NishiMishra
New Contributor III
Hi,

This is Vivek from India, I need your help, I am a new user to WorkFlow Manger and trying for the installation of ArcGIS WorkFlow Manager 10.1, I am also following esri 10.1 best practices whitepaper. My DB has completed Step1 & Step2 , I exported dbtune file and now I am not able to understand which tablespace name do I need to change with for the appropriate parameters.

If you can help me that will be a gr8 help. My Database configuration is as following. 
Only one master SDE repository geodatabase was created
The default data type is ST_Geometry
The spatial data within GIS_CVE of ORADV131 have been copied to GIS_CVE in ORADV141
Default tablespace for spatial data is  CVE_VECTOR, CVE_INDEX
Configuration keyword SRC is created to load spatial data to GIS_SRC and table spaces (SRC_VECTOR, SRC_INDEX)

I am not able to make a decision whether ##Default or ##SRC parameter, I have to choose for  configuring ##WMX Parameter, In the configure file there are certain parameters, example XML_IDX_INDEX_TAG, for this parameter which tablespace do I choose ?

For your reference, have attached my dbtune_exp.sde file, request you to kindly have a look and suggest.

Kind Regards
Vivek
vivekk.gaikwad@gmail.com

Hello Vivek,

You need to export the dbtune to a file, copy the ##DEFAULTS keyword to the end of the text file and rename it ##WMX, then change the tablespaces names for �??WMX_....�?�. Follow the white paper dbtune example to determine which parameters you have to change the tablespace name in the ##WMX keyword and leave the other parameters with the ##DEFAULTS tablespace name.

If there is no problem in doing this, then import the dbtune text file back to you SDE master geodatabase. Further, follow the white paper recommendations and create the tablespaces WMX_BDATA, WMX_BINDEX, WMX_SDATA, WMX_SINDEX, WMX_FDATA, WMX_FINDEX, WMX_ADATA, WMX_AINDEX, WMX_DDATA, WMX_DINDEX, then replace the tablespace names as described above.

You can see an example of a complete dbtune file for an sde master geodatabase in this best practices white paper, it shows how to change the tablespace name for all the ##DEFAULTS parameters.
Best Practices Esri Production Mapping 10.2 Workspace in Oracle - http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/whitepapers/view/productid/155/metaid/2015

Hope this helps,

Nishi
0 Kudos
AndrewSchumpert
New Contributor II
Follow-up...

Still having the issue about schemas not available in the WMX Post-installation.

Did you ever get past this?  I've run into the exact same issue where I'm presented with SDE as the schema.  The post-install then fails to finish.
0 Kudos
UjjwalNigam
New Contributor III

Did anyone get past the new schema not visible in the post install drop-down?

Nishi Mishra​ Any suggestions for the missing schema...only SDE is visible.

0 Kudos