sarmour

Arcpy Graduated Symbology, Removing Outline Colors from Symbology in Export Process

Discussion created by sarmour on Mar 22, 2013
Hi,

In advance, I apologize for the format of this comment. I am new to ArcGIS and am in need of help with arcpy. I am having issues with the graduated symbology export process. I am using a layer file to define the symbology for each new column of data that i am mapping.  In the layer file that i am using, the border outlines are hollow. Every time i export a new map, the grey postcode outlines reappear. Is there anything i can add in my script to make the symbology color outlines hollow/transparent?

Is there a way to import each mxd in a  folder, remove the borders from the graduated colors symbology and re-export the maps.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!!

Happy Friday,
Shane

This is the export section of the code.

[PHP]
df = arcpy.mapping.ListDataFrames(mxd, "Layers")[0]
                lyrFile = arcpy.mapping.Layer(r"C:/Maps/MapCalcs/SCS_Oct_2012/DATA/MXDs/vrgsymbology.lyr")               
                arcpy.mapping.UpdateLayer(df,lyr,lyrFile,True)               

if lyr.symbologyType == "GRADUATED_COLORS":

lyr.symbology.valueField = AnalysisName

lyr.symbology.classBreakValues = [0.001,0.01*MaxVal,0.05*MaxVal,0.1*MaxVal, 0.2*MaxVal, 0.3*MaxVal, 0.4*MaxVal, 0.5*MaxVal,0.6*MaxVal, 0.7*MaxVal, 0.8*MaxVal,0.9*MaxVal, MaxVal]
                    lyr.symbology.classBreakLabels = ["<1%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.01*MaxVal)), "1-5%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.05*MaxVal)), "5-10%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.1*MaxVal)),"10-20%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.2*MaxVal)),"20-30%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.3*MaxVal)),"30-40%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.4*MaxVal)), "40-50%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.5*MaxVal)), "50-60%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.6*MaxVal)), "60-70%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.7*MaxVal)), "70-80%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.8*MaxVal)), "80-90%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(0.9*MaxVal)), "90-100%"+ ", " + str("${:,.0f}".format(MaxVal))]
                    print('here')

arcpy.RefreshActiveView()
                #mxd.save()           
                arcpy.mapping.ExportToJPEG(mxd, r"C:/Maps/MapCalcs/SCS_Oct_2012/DATA/OUT_VRG/"+AnalysisName+".jpeg", resolution=300)[/PHP]

Outcomes