Nomore BING Maps

Jump to solution
03-22-2013 10:30 AM
JorgeHernandez_Navarrete
New Contributor
Hi. I can't see the Bing Maps in the "base map" menu.
Any idea about this ...??
I'm big fan of Bing Maps 😉
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Here's the announcement...

Complimentary use of Microsoft Bing Maps with ArcGIS has been phased out. Organizational account users can continue adding Bing Maps to their web maps if their organization is configured with a Bing Maps key. Public account users can no longer use Bing Maps. For all accounts, web maps that already include Bing Maps will continue to function.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Complimentary use of Microsoft Bing Maps with ArcGIS has been phased out. Organizational account users can continue adding Bing Maps to their web maps if their organization is configured with a Bing Maps key. Public account users can no longer use Bing Maps. For all accounts, web maps that already include Bing Maps will continue to function.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JorgeHernandez_Navarrete
New Contributor

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you so much for your response. A shame to have lost a service like Bing Maps.
0 Kudos
MichelleLazar
New Contributor
It appears that even in our map documents that were previously created using Bing Maps the links are now broken and can't be repaired.
Where is the info from ESRI on purchasing a Bing Key? Not why, but how to contact MS to set this up.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Michelle,

Here is a link to a microsoft page with information regarding acquiring a Bing Maps Key:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff428642.aspx

I hope this helps.

Kelly
0 Kudos
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III
I knew that BING maps was going away, but now I can't even open my map to change the basemap. I just get an error saying that the map can't be opened as there is no key for BING maps. Why can't I open it to change the basemap? I thought they were supposed to be phasing out the BING maps?
0 Kudos
bayuyanuargi
New Contributor
how if i already have bing maps key, how i can apply it to the base map?

i knew that ESRI is NAVTEQ / NOKIA MAPS customer, why ESRI didn't using NAVTEQ/NOKIA API's as the Basemap

regards

MBY
0 Kudos