AnsweredAssumed Answered

Potential ARC problem with AGSRequestOperation sharedOperationQueue

Question asked by downey on Mar 22, 2013
Latest reply on May 27, 2013 by cfondacci@gmail.com
Good morning,

I've been developing a set of custom classes that access a very custom, WMTS-like web service and have come across a rather pesky and intermittent runtime error. During execution in the simulator for iPhone or iPad I randomly receive the an EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception during startup of my application. I ran profiler and believe I have determined that the AGSRequestOperation sharedOperationQueue is getting cleaned up by ARC before it should be. Using a Zombie notifies me that a message was sent to a deallocated object. Further inspection indicates the exception is occurring when I'm trying to add an operation to the sharedOperationQueue.

So, since this is wrapped up in the SDK, I decided to try a little test and downloaded the CustomTiledLayerSample project from your website to check it's behavior. After running it a few times it started to exhibit the same exception-throwing behavior in the exact same place.

Can someone please take a look at this and get back to me ASAP? I've been delaying delivering an application based what appeared to be new functionality in 10.1.1 and not I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks,

Jon

Outcomes