mleahyesri-ca-esridist

queryRelatedRecords - must relates use objectid only?

Discussion created by mleahyesri-ca-esridist Employee on Mar 19, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 by ciava.at
Hello all,

I just have a general question about querying related records from a feature layer in a map or feature service (i.e., using the queryRelatedRecords REST API : http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/rest/apiref/ms_dyn_queryrelatedrecords.html).

When I do this using a relate that is based on objectid fields, everything works fine.  But if I'm using a relationship that joins two tables based on globalids, I never get any results.

Are relationships using globlalids (or any other fields) supported?  I haven't found any documentation that indicates that the relationship class must be of a given type, or use specific fields or properties.

When I tested this, I tried using a variety of combinations of objectid and/or globalid values in the 'objectIds' parameter of the queryRelatedRecords request.  So far, I only got it to work when with regular objectid values, and when the relationship class used to link the tables is based on their objectid fields.

In the meantime, it looks like it'll be easier for me to just do a regular query directly on the related table.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

Outcomes