Help with Help docs  SOE question

Jump to solution
03-12-2013 10:05 AM
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III
I am trying to publish a Server Object Extension in 10.1.  This page

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0154000004s7000000

says:

Build your project and package it into an .soe file???Starting at ArcGIS 10.1 for Server, SOEs are encapsulated in an .soe file. After compiling your code, you create the .soe file using Esri-provided utilities integrated into your IDE.

That is all it says.  I understand "Build your project" but have no clue how to "package it into an .soe file".  There is absolutely no help on this.

Please expound.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
If you install the ArcObjects SDK on top of Visual Studio 2010 then ESRI will install a project template for you which does this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
If you install the ArcObjects SDK on top of Visual Studio 2010 then ESRI will install a project template for you which does this.
0 Kudos
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III
There was another error short circuiting the process.  But it still would be nice to know how to generate these manually.  The solution does nothing if you are in VS2012.

In VS2012 you have to edit the project file and add

<PropertyGroup>
    <ZipFileExtension>soe</ZipFileExtension>
    <AddInTargetProduct>Server</AddInTargetProduct>
    <AddInTargetVersion>10.1</AddInTargetVersion>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\ESRI\ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.Server.targets" Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\ESRI\ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.Server.targets')" />

AFTER the

<Import Project="$(MSBuildToolsPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />

Thanks
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I generate mine manually.  The extensions (soe, ecfg, etc.) are all renamed zip files.  You can unzip them, reverse engineer the contents, and then generate them manually yourself.  For example, I add additional configuration files to my soe.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
AjitDharmik
New Contributor III
Hi all,

There are plans to support VS 2012 in the .NET AO SDK at 10.2. This hasn't been finalized yet, but it will very likely happen.

Thanks!
Ajit
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Thank you Ajit for this news!
0 Kudos