Server stopped working after installing ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.

03-11-2013 07:15 AM
GerryGabrisch
Occasional Contributor III
Even though I am new to Server, I have successfully installed ArcGIS for Server 10.1, register folders, and publish a simple service.  Then I installed the ArcGIS Server Silverlight viewer.
Now I can no longer publish services or view services including the default World Cities service.  The computer just hangs when I try to publish.  I cannot get the Silverlight app to create a web map.
I have restarted the server but this has not helped.  The IS department assures me that we meet the specifications for the software.

Any advice is appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BubbaHey
Does everything else function, i.e. can you get to Rest and Server Manager?
0 Kudos
GerryGabrisch
Yes, I can start the Service Manager and if I go into Rest I see this:

{
 "currentVersion": 10.11,
 "folders": [
  "Utilities"
 ],
 "services": [
  {
   "name": "SampleWorldCities",
   "type": "MapServer"
  }
 ]
}
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
As a quick test, try running Configure ArcGIS Server Account. that is like the old post install and can fix permission issues.
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
If Configure ArcGIS Server Account does not help, go to Start, Run, type regedit.

Check these keys:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI
2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI 
4. HKEY_CLAdSSES_ROOT\CLSID

Right-Click on each of these keys and then go to Permissions. Add your domain username to the list and set permissions to "Full Control"
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Gerry,

Even though I am new to Server, I have successfully installed ArcGIS for Server 10.1, register folders, and publish a simple service. Then I installed the ArcGIS Server Silverlight viewer. Now I can no longer publish services or view services ... The computer just hangs when I try to publish. I cannot get the Silverlight app to create a web map. ...

This is very odd, as the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is a completely separate product and does NOT in any way affect an existing ArcGIS for Server site when installed. I have never heard of this type of behavior before.

If you are still having issues, please contact Esri Technical Support and open a support incident so Esri can investigate.

Thanks,
0 Kudos