"Embed in Website" And "Make a Web Application" buttons

03-04-2013 06:38 AM
FrancescoMacioce
New Contributor
I'm a newbie and i'm trying to publish a map in a site, but i miss the buttons "Embed in Website" And "Make a Web Application".
I've already uploaded a map, and i've shared to everyone like is written in this tutorial:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/tutorials/01z30000000q000000.htm
But there aren't the buttons "Embed in Website" And "Make a Web Application".
How should i do?
Could the problem be that i have no credits?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I suspect you're looking at the item details page and not viewing the actual map. The share button, when viewing the map, contains the options to embed or create a web application.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
FrancescoMacioce
New Contributor
Yes, it is.
But I thought it was the only way because i'm not able to open my map in the webmap viewer.
How i can do it?
Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Previously, you said "I've already uploaded a map" and later "I am not able to open my map in the webmap viewer."

So, have you uploaded a map document (.MXD) or service definition file (.SD) from ArcGIS Desktop? These maps can't be directly displayed. In order to embed a map or create a web application, you need a web map that is authored in ArcGIS Online, from the Map tab.

If you want to add your own data to the web map, you have a few options:

With a Public Account (free), you can add shapefiles, CSVs and GPX files to your web map (limited to about 1000 features total between all types).

You can add references to web services running on your ArcGIS Server.

With an ArcGIS Online subscription, you can publish your data as hosted web services.

Hope this helps,

Mike
0 Kudos
FrancescoMacioce
New Contributor
When i said "I've already uploaded a map" i mean a "map package" (.mpk). I am not able to view this map package in the map viewer.
Now i uploaded a layer directly in the mapviewer and i am able to "Embed in Website" And "Make a Web Application"! 😄
Next step is trying to do the same things with ArcGIS Server.
Thanks for support!
0 Kudos