Image Service Definition Editor - license error

06-09-2010 06:02 AM
danan
by
Occasional Contributor III
I'm using Image Server 9.3.1. It's installed and I have configured and successfully registered the server with a valid license.

The Image Service Definition Editor (ISDE) for ArcMap was installed on a PC separate from the Image Server box. When I try to create a New Image Service with the ISDE, I'm prompted for license server info. For Server Host, I enter the name of my Image Server. For Server Port, I accept the default of 3982.

When I click OK, I get an error dialog: "Unable to show licence dialog" (sic). The error details are as follows. What's wrong and how do I fix this?

» 002704: General.CheckForLicence: Unable to show licence dialog.
No details available.
» 0081FF: LicenseDialog.PopUpMml: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Image Server\Global.ISConfig' is denied.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Image Server\Global.ISConfig' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   at ESRI.ImageServer.ServiceEditorUI.LicenseOptionsDialog.PopMml()
0 Kudos
2 Replies
danan
by
Once I was given write access to the directory, that particular error went away. However, now I'm getting a new error:

[INDENT]The current application is not licensed. Please specify a server where the license information is available[/INDENT]

Strange because the Image Server software authorization process on the server went fine, e.g. I get "You have authorized the following features: imageserver"

What might be wrong?
0 Kudos
danan
by
My mistake.  Once I added my PC to the Service Editor Allow list in IS Server Manager, I was able to proceed:

http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisimageserver/help/index.htm#managing_the_image_servers.htm
0 Kudos