ERROR: "The table was not found. [VAT_CostDis_src_1]" ?

02-22-2013 08:33 AM
DaveHighness
Occasional Contributor II
I have written a Python GeoProcessing task for running Cost Distance and Cost Path analysis. It runs sometimes and errors other times. This is the error that it normally returns when trying to run the arcpy.sa.CostDistance() method:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The table was not found. [VAT_CostDis_src_1]
The table name is invalid.
No spatial reference exists.
The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.
ERROR 010029: Unable to create the raster E:\WorkingFiles\ProjectFolders\LRT\Development\Test10\Scratch_hvil26w5.gdb\45a2i1023_b. Cost Distance mapping Failed
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.

Both the source point raster and the cost raster have a VAT. I rebuild the VATs in the script prior to running the tool.

Any idea why this is occurring? It is weird that it is intermittent. It seems like it will run once and then not a second time, if that is a clue.

Thanks, Dave
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LorainDrennan
New Contributor
hi david,
did you find a solution? i am currently experiencing the same problem. except that for me it never works...
looking forward to your answer!
0 Kudos
DaveHighness
Occasional Contributor II
Lorain, I figured out that the problem I had in my script was my own fault. I had a function that was creating random letter and number strings that I was using as raster names. I wasn't checking to make sure that the strings always started with an alpha character and they were occasionally starting with a numeric character. Rasters can't be named with a string that begins with a number.

Dave
0 Kudos