nuno.gilesri-portugal-pt-esridist

Different results for REST API Identify in SDE and Query Layer (same spatial table)

Discussion created by nuno.gilesri-portugal-pt-esridist Employee on Feb 17, 2013
Dear all,

I'm using the following software:
ArcGIS Server Enterprise Standard 10.1 SP1 (Windows)
ArcSDE for Oracle 10.1 SP1 (Windows)
Oracle 11g R2 (Windows)

After installing ArcSDE in Oracle Spatial, I've created one Feature Class with SDO Geometry, SRID 8307, 0.05 Tolerance and R-tree Spatial Index (I've set up all these parameters in the dbtune file and chose them during the creation). This Feature Class has some administrative boundaries loaded.

I've added this spatial table both as a SDE layer and as a Oracle Spatial Query Layer to a MXD document (Dataframe in WGS84 GCS). Published this document as a ArcGIS service and used it for some identify operations via the ArcGIS Server Rest API.

Now, the strange happens. Using a polygon as my identify geometry (coordinates in WGS84 GCS as well), both layers return different results.
The SDE Layer returns correct results, but the Query Layer returns a geometry that does not intersent my identify polygon, albeit the identify polygon is near it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Gil

Outcomes