iOS4 support

06-08-2010 08:53 AM
JeffPapirtis
New Contributor III
When will ESRI release support for the new iOS4 opperating system for the iPhone?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
GeorgeVernardos
New Contributor III
The same application that works on Iphone 3GS  3.1.3 does not work on iOS4 GM. It shows a blank map.
0 Kudos
JeremyBixby
New Contributor III
I just downloaded and installed the iOS beta...when I try to build the app, I get a bunch of "Undefined Symbols" errors from objects the are referenced in libAGSiPhone.a. 

See attached for the build log.

Is this a configuration issue or a libAGSiPhone.a issue?

Jeremy
0 Kudos
JeffPapirtis
New Contributor III
iOS4 is now available from apple for general public consumption.  Has anyone heard when ESRI plans to release support for the new SDK and OS?  Will anyone that wants to develop be stuck at 3.2 SDK?
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
We are working on to support iOS4. Stay tuned! 🙂
0 Kudos
MelvinTan
New Contributor

Will the new beta sdk with support for the iOS 4 be released before the ESRI User Conference 2010?
0 Kudos
MichaelFotheringham
New Contributor

I cannot wait for this 🙂 My testing with the api has ground to a complete halt because I upgraded my phone. Any idea on timeframe?

Does anyone have a real idea why they show blank pages? It doesn't seem to be downloading anything from the network. Very strange
0 Kudos
JeffPapirtis
New Contributor III
I second that!  I can no longer show any development work unless I have someone standing in my office looking at the simulator.  Please before the ESRI conference!!!!!!
0 Kudos
JeffPapirtis
New Contributor III
Any idea on when the iOS4 support will be coming?
0 Kudos
JeremyBixby
New Contributor III
Any idea on when the iOS4 support will be coming?

I have a hunch that we're probably not going to see any play on iOS/iPad support until the User Conference, in 2 weeks.
0 Kudos