Arcgis online new account activation error

02-12-2013 05:56 AM
JeromeSpivey
New Contributor
Has anyone ever come across an error message (w/no details attached) when trying to create a new account & activate a Arcgis Online subscription?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichelleHovorka1
New Contributor
Jerome,

Could you provide more information?  For example, the steps you are doing when you run into this problem and your username. 

Thanks,

Michelle
0 Kudos
JeromeSpivey
New Contributor
Michelle,

After following the activation link provided thru e-mail. I click the Create a New Account, provide user name & password, security question, accept terms & click Create my Account only to get an error message
0 Kudos
JeromeSpivey
New Contributor
Jerome,

Could you provide more information?  For example, the steps you are doing when you run into this problem and your username. 

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle,

After following the activation link provided thru e-mail. I click the Create a New Account, provide user name & password, security question, accept terms & click Create my Account only to get an error message
0 Kudos
MichelleHovorka
Esri Contributor
Jerome,

It looks like your username was created and is part of an Organization.  Could have been a hiccup in the system.

Michelle
0 Kudos
JeromeSpivey
New Contributor
Jerome,

It looks like your username was created and is part of an Organization.  Could have been a hiccup in the system.

Michelle

Michelle,

I ended up creating a global account use the same user name & attached it to the online subscription, so I don't believe that is the issue or if it is why is there no details in the error? With that being said that activation error is something that needs to be addressed. Creating & attaching the global id did work, but i would like to know what causes this error.?

Thanks for your assistance.
0 Kudos