Raster Reclassify crashes upon completion

02-08-2013 10:34 AM
BrendanMcDavid
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using a student edition of ArcInfo. When attempting to reclassify a raster, ArcMap freezes upon completion without throwing any error message. I thought the file was perhaps too large for my system (duo core, 2.1 GHz, 4gb RAM running on Vista x64) so I split the raster into 9 TIFF tiles, but I am still having the same problem with the smaller dataset. The tile I am trying to reclassify is 8bit, 13259, 13950 rows, 7 classes. When I examine the data set reclassify produces upon crashing, it contains the correct raster information (classes, etc), but no spatial reference.  Any help would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LorainDrennan
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using a student edition of ArcInfo. When attempting to reclassify a raster, ArcMap freezes upon completion without throwing any error message. I thought the file was perhaps too large for my system (duo core, 2.1 GHz, 4gb RAM running on Vista x64) so I split the raster into 9 TIFF tiles, but I am still having the same problem with the smaller dataset. The tile I am trying to reclassify is 8bit, 13259, 13950 rows, 7 classes. When I examine the data set reclassify produces upon crashing, it contains the correct raster information (classes, etc), but no spatial reference.  Any help would be appreciated!

hi there! did you find a solution to the problem? i am currently having the same problem... looking forward to your reply!
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
People are going to accuse me of repeating myself...

• Set the Customize>Arc Map Options>Raster Tab>Maximum number of unique values to render" to a high number (see image).

• Uncheck "Enable" under Geoprocessing>Geoprocessing Option - Background processing

• Try running the process on the data on your C: drive if you are currently working over a network.

These steps have helped me get past geoprocessing crashes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25071[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MahmoudMdookh
New Contributor II

Hi.
According to my experience

Do the steps below, and it will work..

My regards...wrong.JPGright.JPG

0 Kudos
AchintyaRawat
New Contributor

Hi Mahmoud, I am having the latest version of ArcGIS Pro so kindly tell how I perform the above step as per the latest version?