Installation Process-- Could someone offer clarification?

02-07-2013 12:15 PM
JamesOsborn
New Contributor
After using the trial package for ArcGIS desktop, my company decided to go ahead and purchase desktop basic with the StreetMap Premium add on. I was able to install desktop no problem. However, I now find myself struggling with the StreetMap installation process-- I received the six DVDs in the mail and was emailed two licensing files and 2 .txt files that needed to be zipped to extract the geocoding files.

I created a folder on my C: drive and moved the data from Discs 2, 3, 4 and 5 over (combining data from 2 and 3 as well as for discs 4 and 5, where appropriate). I then double clicked the license files (the licenses seem to have been accepted-- I can see it living in ArcGIS administrator) and finally moved the freshly zipped/extracted .txt files over to the locator folder created by disc 4. 

As far as I understand, that should have been the end of the process, right?  I did not see a "congratulations, you're the proud owner of a fully functioning StreetMap license". Other than the folder I created, there is no evidence of StreetMap at all (e.g., no icons)-- so I am curious as to how one determines if a successful installation occurred. Did anyone else have any issues during the installation process? Alternatively, if you had no trouble, what did you do to get started with the program?

Thanks for any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JackieBerry
New Contributor II
Contact Tech Support, they helped me with installation once I had all the cd's installed. It is a bit confusing.
0 Kudos