ArcGIS flex viewer 3.1 Identify Widget

02-06-2013 06:52 AM
ManuelRodriguez2
New Contributor
I am fairly new to using custom widgets.  I have copied the compiled widget folder over and added the text the the config.xml file.  The widget loads correctly in the viewer but I can not get it to detect any features in the map at all.  Even with the  <layers onlythese="false">.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Manuel,

So when you say:
  I have copied the compiled widget folder over
you do mean the contents of that folder right? And you copied the contents (i.e. Identify Folder) under your FVs widgets folder right? Are you using ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.1?
0 Kudos
ManuelRodriguez2
New Contributor
I copied the folder D:\Software\Widgets\IdentifyWidget.zip\compiled_FV3.1\Identify to the folder D:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers\WGPSNTest\widgets. Yes I am using Flex Viewer 3.1
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Manuel,

The fact that you have flexviewers in your path leads me to believe that you are using or have used Application Builder... Is that the case? If so then there is a much easier way for you to add the identify widget to your app.
0 Kudos
ManuelRodriguez2
New Contributor
I am using app builder.  I have added the widget through the manage custom widgets option and am getting the same results.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Manuel,

Do you have any operational layer in your map?
0 Kudos
ManuelRodriguez2
New Contributor
I have loaded layers from 3 different services i have published.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Do your services have the ObjectID and Shape fields visible in the MXDs for all the layers that you wish to identify?
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
Manuel,

The fact that you have flexviewers in your path leads me to believe that you are using or have used Application Builder... Is that the case? If so then there is a much easier way for you to add the identify widget to your app.

I'm having a similar problem trying to get the Identify widget up and running. Nothing gets returned. What is the easier way to add the Identify widget?
Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

If you built the app using App Builder with an earlier version and then did the upgrade in the cuurent 3.1 version there seems to be some issue with the upgrading of a site. If you fall into this case then you just need to create a new site using App Builder 3.1. The easier way I was referencing in the earlier post was reffering to using the advanced settings and adding the widget using the manage custom widgets.
0 Kudos