SDK Samples Launch Canceled

Jump to solution
01-31-2013 04:31 PM
JimMeuse
New Contributor
I am new to the ArcGIS SDK for Android and am having a problem when trying to run the samples.  When attempting to run the application (Run As > Android), I get the following console message in Eclipse:

[2013-01-31 21:02:04 - SwitchMapActivities] Android Launch!
[2013-01-31 21:02:04 - SwitchMapActivities] adb is running normally.
[2013-01-31 21:02:04 - SwitchMapActivities] Performing com.esri.android.samples.MapActivity1 activity launch
[2013-01-31 21:02:04 - SwitchMapActivities] Failed to find an AVD compatible with target 'Android 2.3.3'.
[2013-01-31 21:02:14 - SwitchMapActivities] Still no compatible AVDs with target 'Android 2.3.3': Aborting launch.
[2013-01-31 21:02:14 - SwitchMapActivities] Performing com.esri.android.samples.MapActivity1 activity launch
[2013-01-31 21:02:17 - SwitchMapActivities] Launch canceled!

I have a Nexus 7 connected to my computer.  Any ideas as to what I can do next are appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
Are you developing on Windows?  You may not have the Google USB driver installed.  Android Developer devices require the Google USB Driver instead of a OEM driver.  Please reference the appropriate driver site for your device.  

Otherwise, You may not have the Android platform installed.  Most samples are based on Android API v2.3.3.  To add platforms and packages launch the SDK manager from within Eclipse by selecting Window > Android SDK Manager.  The SDK Manager shows all the SDK packages available for you to add to your Android SDK.  To support our base platform ensure that Android 2.3.3. (API 10) platform is installed. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21320[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
Are you developing on Windows?  You may not have the Google USB driver installed.  Android Developer devices require the Google USB Driver instead of a OEM driver.  Please reference the appropriate driver site for your device.  

Otherwise, You may not have the Android platform installed.  Most samples are based on Android API v2.3.3.  To add platforms and packages launch the SDK manager from within Eclipse by selecting Window > Android SDK Manager.  The SDK Manager shows all the SDK packages available for you to add to your Android SDK.  To support our base platform ensure that Android 2.3.3. (API 10) platform is installed. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21320[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JimMeuse
New Contributor
I am developing on Windows.  I did install the Android API v2.3.3 from the Android SDK Manager, but I don't think the Google USB Driver is installed.  I'll get an opportunity to try your suggestion this evening.  After installing the USB driver and connecting my device, do I need to indicate to Eclipse where to search for the device?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JimMeuse
New Contributor
The Google USB was installed.  However, I am guessing that the first time Windows detected the device, it installed the driver it thought was appropriate (OEM?).  I went into Windows device manager and updated the driver to the Google USB driver in C:...\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.  Now it works.  Thanks.  How do I indicate issue resolved?
0 Kudos