Retrieving data From one table to another table

01-31-2013 07:05 AM
HectorChapa
Occasional Contributor II
Hopefully someone could help me. Watch the video below it explains my problem and you can actually see what i am talking about.
I write the problem. I have two attribute tables and they have a field in common. I am trying to do automation either by python or field calculator to get information from one table to another one. I could do it manually but that would take me time which i dont have a lot of time.
I also have lync so i can seen you an invite for you can see my screen you dont need to have the software just an internet connection.
My email is hchapa@lrgvdc911.org and my number is 956-682-3481 ext. 143.

My name is hector.

See the video the link i provide below it will explain and you can actually see the problem thanks.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What about the Append tool under Data Management > General > Append?  You can use the Make Table View tool to use SQL Expressions to append the records that you need.
0 Kudos
HectorChapa
Occasional Contributor II
I don't want to append they are not the same file one is polygon the other is a point could you watch the video. They have a unique value i just trying to obtain the data from one table and transfer over to the other table.
0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
Nice idea to create a video. 

Have you considered using a point in polygon overlay tool like intersect?  This would allow you to tranfer your attributes.  You may get more stuff than you need but you can always delete the duplicate fields.

Jeff
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
You can also do a spatial join which will give the points all the attributes of the polygon they're inside.
0 Kudos