Using Reclassify Tool w/ Decimals

01-31-2013 03:33 AM
KristinGriffen
New Contributor
I'm working with some data that will be used to create a complex model in Model Builder. I'm trying to take a Stronghold Watershed layer that has three classifications (high priority, medium priority and low priority) that has been converted into a raster and reclassify the values in the field the conversion was based on. The values are 2, 1, and 0 respectively. I want to reclassify the values to 1, .5, and 0 respectively. When in the reclassify tool it will not keep the .5, it keeps switching it back to a 0. The precision control seems to be to allow decimals but I can't get it work. Anyone have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I'm working with some data that will be used to create a complex model in Model Builder. I'm trying to take a Stronghold Watershed layer that has three classifications (high priority, medium priority and low priority) that has been converted into a raster and reclassify the values in the field the conversion was based on. The values are 2, 1, and 0 respectively. I want to reclassify the values to 1, .5, and 0 respectively. When in the reclassify tool it will not keep the .5, it keeps switching it back to a 0. The precision control seems to be to allow decimals but I can't get it work. Anyone have any suggestions?

The old reclass tool only outputs integers. I suspect that's true of the current flavor of the tool, though the help sure doesn't say so.

For your example, you could use raster calculator to divide by two. Don't forget to specify 2.0 so it will do float division.

"ingrid" / 2.0

A more general approach is to use Con:

Con("ingrid" == 2,1,Con("ingrid" == 1,0.5,Con("ingrid" == 0,0)))
0 Kudos