Feautre service problem

01-30-2013 06:46 AM
AlexKaiserlis
New Contributor II
Hello, i have the following problem. When i publish a map service without feature service everything works fine. But when i enable the feature service i get the following error.
Unable to Start service. Error (Configuration [service name] can not be started. Server Object instance creation failed on machine [my pc] ).

I know it has someting to do with the perissinons but i don't know what.
Before i added the permissions for the ArcGISSOM and SOC user to the ArcSDE database from arccatalog it showed me that the features inside the map could not start but now i get the above error. Do i have to change something i the SQL Server(i have sql server 2012)? Both ArcGISSOM and SOC users have administrative privileges.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Alex,

I have found that if I try and publish a WFS from a mxd that has the same layer added mor than once it fails. This is not your problem is it?

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Alex,

I have found that if I try and publish a WFS from a mxd that has the same layer added more than once it fails. This is not your problem is it?

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What version are you using?  Can you look at the ArcGIS Server Manager log files to see if there is any more information about why it failed?  Is all of the data in the map document coming from SDE?  If you're creating a feature service, that needs to be the case.
0 Kudos
AlexKaiserlis
New Contributor II
Ok i found the problem. The feature classes where coming form sde database but i had some other layers from outside the database and that seems it caused the problems. Thanks for the replies and the help.!:)
But now i get the following error when i try to edit thoose feature classes from arcgis desktop. it says dbo.default [mypc] No editable layers.
0 Kudos