Disappearing polyline features

01-24-2013 12:37 PM
ZacharyAubrecht
New Contributor
I'm experiencing an issue in which I create polylines that disappear at the end of the editing session. Has anyone experienced this before?

The data remains in the attribute table (with a theshape length field populated correctly), but all graphic spatial data disappears. I've checked the minimum and maximum scale. Neither are set.

Thanks for your time.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you open the attribute table and see the feature you just created?  Do you have any definition queries on?  Can you add the data to a new map and see if the new features show up?
0 Kudos
ZacharyAubrecht
New Contributor
I can see all of the features I've created thus far in the attribute table. The definition queries are clear. When I add the data to a new map, I can only see the spatial data when I'm zoomed out past 1:150,000 scale. That's the strangest part for me, because the minimum and maximum visible scale is nulled.

I don't know if it is a work space issue (I don't think it should be). I'm pulling the data from a .gdb with a lot of domains and subtype codes.

Thanks for responding,

Zach
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Hm, sounds like a spatial index problem.  Are you using 10.1?  Can you right click on the feature class, go to Properties > Indexes tab > and click Delete to delete the spatial index, then Create to create a new one?
0 Kudos