About UIGraphicGetCurrentContext() in iOS

Jump to solution
01-20-2013 10:49 PM
SteveLeung
New Contributor
Hi,

I am now using the ArcGIS Server runtime API 10.1.1 in my iphone app, but I found that I couldn't obtain the AGSMapView when I used UIGraphicGetCurrentContext(). However, it works in the previous version of ArcGIS Server runtime API. Would anyone encounter the same problem? How to resolve this problem? Thanks!!!

Regards,
Steve
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanaMaher
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I am now using the ArcGIS Server runtime API 10.1.1 in my iphone app...

With 10.1.1, the Runtime SDK switched to rendering with OpenGLES. You cannot snapshot an OpenGLES view the same way you can a UIView using UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext(). Apple has a technical article on working around this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanaMaher
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I am now using the ArcGIS Server runtime API 10.1.1 in my iphone app...

With 10.1.1, the Runtime SDK switched to rendering with OpenGLES. You cannot snapshot an OpenGLES view the same way you can a UIView using UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext(). Apple has a technical article on working around this issue.
0 Kudos
SteveLeung
New Contributor

Thanks for your assistance. I have resolved my problem with reference to your provided link.
0 Kudos
DanaMaher
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for your assistance. I have resolved my problem with reference to your provided link.

You might mark the thread as answered the, for future readers.
0 Kudos