AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems using AddField tool twice in ModelBuilder

Question asked by Underscore on Jan 18, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 by hann_gilmore
I have a model that I'm building and am having trouble with one part.  After a select-and-delete operation, I have two AddField tools.  The first one executes, and the next doesn't.  If I switch the order, the result is the same where the geoprocessor stops on the second AddField.

Here is a clip of that output sequence:
Executing (Add Alias Field): AddField C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\PreNamePage_Layer ALIASFOR TEXT # # 30 "Alias For..." NULLABLE NON_REQUIRED # Start Time: Fri Jan 18 12:28:21 2013 Adding ALIASFOR to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\PreNamePage_Layer... Succeeded at Fri Jan 18 12:28:21 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0.00 seconds) Executing (Add Sort Helper Field): AddField C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\PreNamePage_Layer SORTHELPER TEXT # # 20 "Sort Helper" NULLABLE NON_REQUIRED # Start Time: Fri Jan 18 12:28:21 2013 ERROR 000229: Cannot open C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\PreNamePage_Layer Failed to execute (Add Sort Helper Field). Failed at Fri Jan 18 12:28:21 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0.00 seconds)

I am not able to find or see PreNamePage_Layer before or after the first AddField.  My guess is that it's an in-memory thing.  I've searched the forums and I do not have the virus checker mentioned in one of those threads.

I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 Basic, Service Pack 1.

Any ideas or experiences to help me out?

Outcomes