Published tiled map service not saving symbology

01-16-2013 04:45 AM
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II
I published a tiled map service to ArcGIS Online.  It's a waterbody, so I used the "lake" template in ArcGIS (blue fill with a darker blue outline).  When I initially published it to ArcGIS Online, the symbology was correct.  After making a map with this layer, I went back to use it again and the symbology had changed to a basic green with a gray outline.  When I zoom in, at the second largest scale some of the tiles will have the correct symbology while others have the wrong symbology.  At the largest scale, all the tiles seem to have the correct symbology.  All other scales I get the green fill.

How can I correct this?

Here's a link to the service: http://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/njFNhDsUCentVYJW/arcgis/rest/services/MDShoreline/MapServer

EDIT: Just looked at my service again and now the symbology is once again correct.  Any idea why it's sometimes working and sometimes not?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
As you say, things are displaying correctly now. If you notice problems later, just post again.
Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II
Sorta happening again now.  If you open up the service and zoom in one level (the third smallest scale), the bottom portion of the bay will be green, but the rest will be in the appropriate symbology.  Zoom in one more level and the green tiles are blue again, but the tiles immediately above are green.  The upper portion of the bay is also green at this zoom level, and the next.  At the largest scale, every tile seems to be displaying correctly.
0 Kudos