Layout choices not seen when publishing a layout templates service

Jump to solution
01-15-2013 11:20 AM
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
With ArcGIS for Server 10.1, SP 1, I am attempting to publish a service of layout templates to use with the Flex Viewer 3.0 Print Widget.  The folder I created and registered holds copies of most of the MXD layout files which come with ArcGIS in the ExportWebMapTemplates folder along with one layout MXD I created.

I have no problem publishing the service, but when I browse the service REST endpoint and look at the Export Web Map page under Tasks, the Choice List under the Layout_Template parameter only shows [MAP_ONLY].  So, when I open the Flex Print Widget, there is no menu for choosing a layout.  All layout choices were checked on when I created the service.  What happened and how to do I fix it?

Thanks,
Marc
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III
Hey Marc,
Did you look at the 'Updating the Layout Templates' section here?

I registered my folder as you did but had to restart the service first in order for the GIS Server to see the MXDs. Did you try that?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III
Hey Marc,
Did you look at the 'Updating the Layout Templates' section here?

I registered my folder as you did but had to restart the service first in order for the GIS Server to see the MXDs. Did you try that?
0 Kudos
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
Wow, thanks!  That did it.  Since all the MXDs were already in the folder when I created the service, it never would have occurred to me to restart it right after creating it.  Seems like some room for improvement. 

Much appreciated!

Marc
0 Kudos
MatthewMalone
Occasional Contributor
Good afternoon!  I realize you guys have already figured out this particular issue, but I wondered if you could assist with my situation where a restart of the service fails to show templates other than MAP_ONLY.  I've successfully registered and validated my template folder on the server and I'm able to view a custom MXD and the MAP_ONLY option.  However, when I publish the service, the Export Web Map capabilities still show the only choice as MAP_ONLY (Map preview only shows this option as well).  I've even had this occur when I've chosen folders with numerous MXDs.

If it's relevant, I'm running ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 and publishing to AGS 10.1 using the Flex Builder 3.5.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
-Matt
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
All,
You'd not need to restart a service after publishing just to refresh the choice list. The list should get populated during the publishing time.

I was unable to reproduce this behavior in-house.

I'd recommend you to contact Esri Tech Support and have an analyst take a look at your individual situations.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
Tanu
0 Kudos