AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS 10.1: Documents of ArcPy modules, classes and functions-Where are they?

Question asked by ScottChang25 on Jan 15, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 by mzcoyle
Hi all,

I just have the ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop installed in my "Windows 7" PC that is part of Microsoft NT 4 LAN System. I like to know where I can find the documents of the following ArcPy 10.1 modules, classes and functions:
1. ArcPy 10.1 modules: Mapping modules, Spatial Analyst modules, Geostatistical Analyst modules, etc.
2. ArcPy 10.1 classes: Points, Polylines, Polygons, Spatial Reference, Cursors, Editor, etc.
3. ArcPY 10.1 Functions: Automating map production, Listing data, Accessing field values, Performing spatialanalysis, etc.

Please kindly help and advise me where I can find the official, organized documents listed in 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks,
Scott Chang  

P. S.  From the "HELP" of ArcGIS 10.1, I learned some Python-ArcPy programming on the Points, MultiPoints, WritingGeometries (Polylines & Polygons). But I am not able to understand (i) why pointList is used for the Points, while coordList is used for the MultiPoints, (ii), why arcpyCopyFeatures_management(pointGeometryList, "c://geometry/a.gdb.points") is used for the Points, while arcpy.CopyFeatures_management(featureList, "c:/geometry/multipoints.shp") is used for the MultiPoints,  (iii) in the WritingGeometries for Polylines from infile, why we use cur = arcpy.InsertCursor(fcname), what Cursor is...., (iv) with arcpy.da.Editor("c:/data/boston.sde") as cursor;  arcpy.management.CalculateField("c:/data/boston.sde/roads", "DISTRICTED", "!ZONED!").   I really need the official, organized documents of ArcPy 10.1 modules, classes and functions to look up.

Outcomes