Unable to decrypt request parameters Error message

01-11-2013 03:19 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II
I uninstalled and tried to reinstall ArcGIS Server 10.1.  On reinstallation I reached the create site option.  I didn't have a useful site on the server, but the folders from a previous attempt were still on the server (c:\arcgisserver\directories c:\arcgisserver\config-store).  When I attempted to create a new site it failed with "Unable to decrypt request parameters".  Deleting the folders then creating the new site solved the issue. 

I didn't see the error message on the forum so here is is with a quick solution.
3 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
I've seen it before. No quick solution. What I had to do is uninstall, then delete the arcgisserver folder (and subfolders), then reinstall. If anyone has a better solution, please post.
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
My guess is that there is an inconsistent encryption key.

It goes like this:

1. Sender encrypts information, e.g. credentials using key 1

2. Receiver tries to decrypt using key 2

I am guessing that this is a symptom of a dyslexic configuration, i.e. some old and some new.

Best to clean it out and start over.
0 Kudos
ANTONIOHERRERA_PRIOR
New Contributor

I solved it in the following way, the arcgis account that is created during the installation, I added it to the group of administrators, then I logged in with the arcgis account and I was able to successfully create the site. Really very simple

0 Kudos