ShiminCai

Installation issues of the new ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS V10.1.1.142

Discussion created by ShiminCai on Jan 10, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 by connectacopia
Hi there,

I'm new to Apple and the ArcGIS SDK for iOS and may be asking silly questions or have done something wrong...

I just uninstalled the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS version 2.3.2 and downloaded and installed the new version 10.1.1 on my MacBook Air (OS X 10.8.2). The uninstall and install went smoothly. I checked based on the install summary and confirmed that the new version has been installed in the following directories in the Finder:
    Macintosh HD/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework
    Macintosh HD/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/Samples
    Macintosh HD/Library/Developer/Shared/Documentation/SocSets
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/AGSiOSRuntimeSDK

However, when I went through the steps of the Configuring an Xcode Project in the Getting Started section of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS online help, in the step 1 Add ArcGIS to the Framework Search Paths, the recommended Framework Search Path: $(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/** does not seem to be valid because there is no iOS directory in my home directory: Macintosh HD/Users/shiminc/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS, under which there is only one directory called Samples, and I guess they might be the leftovers of the version 2.3.2... As a result of the issue, Xcode couldn't find the <ArcGIS/ArcGIS.h>...

Just wondering if the new SDK is really installed in the home directory or what I could have done wrong? I think the 2.3.2 seemed working fine...

Thank you,

Shimin Cai

Outcomes