Embeded HTML code disappearing

01-04-2013 07:08 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Issue is that the embeded web maps I have on our website seem to disappear after a few days, specifically the iframe code. The "view larger map" code and link remain, but everything within the <iframe> code just magically disappears. So once or twice a week I have to open that web map and re-copy the html code into the webpage.

Not sure if this is a bug or an issue with my site. We recently moved our site to wordpress from a local hosting provider, but this issue happened even on the previous website. It just seems to be occurring more now that we're on wordpress.

Link to one page this is happening.

Any ideas why the code just randomly removes itself from my site?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I've never heard of anyone having such a problem. ArcGIS Online would not be removing any code from your website. You could copy the embed code to a text file to save a step of regenerating it from the web map...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've never heard of anyone having such a problem. ArcGIS Online would not be removing any code from your website. You could copy the embed code to a text file to save a step of regenerating it from the web map...

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

Yeah I didn't really think ESRI had people searching the net hacking websites and removing embedded code but just seems odd my maps just randomly stop displaying, in two separate hosting platforms. I do have all my embedded map html codes in text files. I'm just trying to figure out if the code disappearing is a web map problem or a website problem. Either way its frustrating. Just wondering if a change in a web map affects the html code or what. It seems to come and go. Fine for a week, then map is gone. Re-insert the code, good for a few days, then gone. Re-insert code, good for 2 weeks then gone. Just seems very sporadic. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with ESRI.....:rolleyes:
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The embed code should not be impacted by changes to the webmap.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
Jean-PaulZagarola
New Contributor
I too need a way to embed an online map into our Wordpress site but it does not appear to be an option right now.Apparently, Wordpress doesn't like the iframe code that the online map uses. Search the Wordpress's forums and you can get some more details but there doesn't seem to be any sort of work around at this point. It'd be great of ESRI and Wordpress could communicate a bit to make this work as their both aware of the issue. Wordpress does support some iframe code but only approved types, google maps for instance, so it might help to urge Wordpress to put ArcGIS on their approval list.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
This was solved by installing a wordpress plugin called iframe and it codes it in such a way that the map code won't be removed.
0 Kudos