ArcGIS Model Builder - Collect and Store Model Results

Jump to solution
01-03-2013 06:08 AM
ShinoRah
New Contributor
Hi There,

I am new to model builder in ArcGIS, I have 2 shapefiles, emittors and receptors (both are points).

I want to create a tool that finds the closest receptor to any emittor, the average minimum distance, receptors within 1000m, 2000m etc.

I have done this using the near tool, summary statistics and select by location.

Now I'd like to export the values into a nice looking table, ideally excel, that summarizes the results for this tool so the end user does not have to dig for these values.

I have been able to ouput the results into separate dbfs (several green circles), I just need to compile them somehow and incorporate this compilation step into the tool itself. 

Any Ideas?

Thank you so much in advance 🙂
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
It sounds like you definitely want to use an iterator, (look at the first option For).  I'd play around with the For iterator, or entering all of your distances you want to run your analysis on in a table, then use the Iterate Field Values tool to run through the distances.  Plug the outputs into the operations within your model using inline variables.  What it should do is go through each distance until it's finished processing each value.  At the end of the model, add a process to export the results to a table using the Table to Table, then use the Collect Values model builder tool to collect all of the tables that were processed.  Make the output of the Collect Values a parameter, then add this whole model to a new model, and use an Append or Merge to merge all of the tables into a full table.  This is a conceptual workflow, so may not work, but it's where I'd start.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
It sounds like you definitely want to use an iterator, (look at the first option For).  I'd play around with the For iterator, or entering all of your distances you want to run your analysis on in a table, then use the Iterate Field Values tool to run through the distances.  Plug the outputs into the operations within your model using inline variables.  What it should do is go through each distance until it's finished processing each value.  At the end of the model, add a process to export the results to a table using the Table to Table, then use the Collect Values model builder tool to collect all of the tables that were processed.  Make the output of the Collect Values a parameter, then add this whole model to a new model, and use an Append or Merge to merge all of the tables into a full table.  This is a conceptual workflow, so may not work, but it's where I'd start.
0 Kudos
ShinoRah
New Contributor

Thanks Jonathan for your quick response!

I'm really only concerned about finding a tool take my already collected values and stick them together in a table. Its frustrating because the task sounds so simple.  I'm starting to think I might have to learn a bit of code and move this whole thing into python.  I tried the append but Its not working out and I think this is because the tables do not share one similar field.
0 Kudos
ShinoRah
New Contributor
The Merge worked.  Thanks!
0 Kudos