can't display some services in ArcCatalog after publishing them to AGOL

12-21-2012 06:15 AM
CharlesCao
New Contributor
I published about 100 services to ArcGIS Online, but I can't see some of them in "My Hosted Services" of ArcCatalog, but they are still into "My Content" of AGOL. does anybody have this kind of issue?

There are too many services in AGOL, how to organize or sub-catagory these services according to different theme or project area so as to look for them easily.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I have not heard of this problem, but I've not published that many hosted services myself.

What version of desktop are you running?
What kind of services, both feature and map services?
Can you see any pattern to what's not being shown?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III

There are too many services in AGOL, how to organize or sub-catagory these services according to different theme or project area so as to look for them easily.

Charles,

As for the organization of services, we found it easiest to create folders based on the FGDC themes (Biota, Cadastre, Land Use, etc.) and move the services to the folders.
0 Kudos
CharlesCao
New Contributor
Thanks Mike

ArcGIS Desktop V10.1
about 120 feature services and several map services

I have not heard of this problem, but I've not published that many hosted services myself.

What version of desktop are you running?
What kind of services, both feature and map services?
Can you see any pattern to what's not being shown?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
CharlesCao
New Contributor
Thanks Jace

where could I set folders based on FGDC themes? what difference with Groups?

Charles,

As for the organization of services, we found it easiest to create folders based on the FGDC themes (Biota, Cadastre, Land Use, etc.) and move the services to the folders.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
For hosted services, you can organize your services into folders in My Content, but these folders don't appear in ArcGIS Desktop.

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
CharlesCao
New Contributor
Thanks Mike, I set up several folder in My Content and classify the services in different catogeries, it looks good. but still miss some items in ArcCatalog.

For hosted services, you can organize your services into folders in My Content, but these folders don't appear in ArcGIS Desktop.

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos