arcGIS Server Setup Wizard - Create New Site Error

12-14-2012 11:12 AM
AaronHeyman
New Contributor III
I am doing a new install and I keep getting the following error when I try and create the site.  Using all defaults.  Does anyone have any idea what this is about?

failed to register the activation group

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
I haven't seen that one.  Wonder if it is license related?  Try renaming the keycodes file which is usually in C:\Program Files\Esri\License10.1\sysgen\keycodes then run Software Authorization again and try to create a site again.
0 Kudos
MuryadiOey
New Contributor III
Bubba is right. it is usually related to License. I am wondering in next SP ESRI could fix the error message to more specific on the error.
0 Kudos
SchoppMatthieu
New Contributor III
I just had the same problem,

The software authorization has been successfully activated. I re-ran it several times with the same result.

Installation on Windows 7.

I finally sorted it by restarting the computer. I also used IE instead of Chrome for the site creation but I don't think it matters.
0 Kudos
oliverng
New Contributor
My version is 10.2. I have my problem solved after I enable the internet connection of my server
0 Kudos
SerjStolyarov1
New Contributor III

This error can occur when user has multiple licence codes inside the "keycodes" file which is located usually in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.5\sysgen\keycodes

- Manually deleting the wrong version codes from the keycodes file should fix the issue.

- Alternatively, deleting the keycodes file and running "Software Authorization for ArcGIS Server" tool again will generate a new file with the correct keys.

Make sure to restart ArcGIS Server service after amending or re-authorizing for the changes to take effect.

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

In my case Serj's comment fix my problem. 

0 Kudos