Predefined Search working EXCEPT for a date seach

12-14-2012 07:25 AM
SteveNelson
Occasional Contributor II
I have 2 predefined searches working nicely - they were generated using ArcGIS Explorer.
However when I create my 3rd search, searching based on a date, it works fine in ArcGIS Explorer, however the same search on date on my iPhone returns an error:
"Unable to perform query.  Check the syntax and try again.  Unable to complete operations."
When defining the date for the query, I use ArcGIS Explorer and the calendar button to define the initial value.  So it's looking for the date as well as the time. The source field I'm searching is definitely a Date type.

I should mention that I'm trying to use the "Equal" operator or the "Less than or Equal" - both work in Explorer but fail on the iPhone.

Any suggestions?  The fact that it works nicely in Explorer, but fails on the iPhone has be stuck.
Thanks very much,
Steve
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You will have to slightly format your query for a result to be returned. You can edit the date field while you create the PQ so you have a sample of the correct query entered or use a defined value inside that will not be changed.

In for the PQ on a date field you will have to enter in a value that should look like this: '2012-12-28' then the result will be returned for this query.

Hope this helps you out.
Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos