Feature Services

12-12-2012 05:53 AM
DonPritt
Occasional Contributor II
I'm trying to add several feature services into a map after adding them as a service to my content.
I figured out how to do this one at a time but want to add more to a map I created.
Basically I want to add several or more shape files that are beyond the 1000 point limit but can only do one at a time as a feature service.
I see them listed in my content but can't figure out how to add them all into one map.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Read this post first to get a better understanding of the feature limits...

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/62176-Who-can-make-this-ESRI-S-reply-simple-and-easy-to-understand

So, I assume you have a subscription to ArcGIS Online and you have uploaded several shapefiles to your My Content, and then Published them as feature services. From My Content, you can then check all the feature services you want to include in your map, then click the Create Map button.

If you don't have a subscription, you won't realistically be able to add more than 1000 features to your web map.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
DonPritt
Occasional Contributor II
Doing the 30 day "subscription" trial and I finally figured it out, but is there a way once the map is created to add another feature service to that map or do you have to recreate a new map?
Also is there a way not to show particular maps in the Gallery or are they not shown to others
if they are not shared?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Once you open a web map, you'll see an Add button at the top that allows you to add more layers to the map.

You can configure the gallery from the My Organization page to point to one of your groups. If you want people in your organization to be able to see the items, they must be shared with the organization. It would be possible to let different people in your organization see different items by sharing them with the gallery group and with specific groups users are members of.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos