Error Code 500 when attempting to retrieve attachments

Jump to solution
12-11-2012 04:20 AM
KeithGanzenmuller
Occasional Contributor II
I have a point Featureclass in a dataset stored in SDE (SQL Server). The points have attachments enabled and pdf files of bridge
inspections attached.
Building off of the sample:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples_start.htm#jssamples/widget_popupfl...
I am attempting to display the points and display the attachments.
I first tried to do this using a web page we use for a different application but the attachments returned an error even though the
proper name was displayed as being present as an attachment.
So I substituted my featurelayer in a local copy of the referenced sample, changed the field names and extents as appropriate.
When I click on a bridge the proper field items and text display in the popup and the correct attachment displays under Attachments:

Yet, similar to my first attempt, I am getting the following error when I click on the attachment:

Error
Server Error - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Code: 500

The data is stored in ArcSDE, it's registered as versioned.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Keith
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeithGanzenmuller
OK, well, answered my own question.
First, after poking around on the server I noticed the attachments were correctly downloaded and placed in the c:\arcgisserver\arcgisoutput folder.
So I went into server manager and noticed it had two arcgisoutput folders listed, one on the c: drive and one on the e: drive. Probably my error on install/re-install over the years.
The service actually pointed to the correct arcgisoutput folder where the pdf's were waiting so I investigated further and in IIS the virtual folder was pointing to the other, incorrect arcgisoutput folder.
I pointed IIS to the correct arcgisoutput folder and like magic the pdfs open when I click their name in the popup.

Keith

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KeithGanzenmuller
OK, well, answered my own question.
First, after poking around on the server I noticed the attachments were correctly downloaded and placed in the c:\arcgisserver\arcgisoutput folder.
So I went into server manager and noticed it had two arcgisoutput folders listed, one on the c: drive and one on the e: drive. Probably my error on install/re-install over the years.
The service actually pointed to the correct arcgisoutput folder where the pdf's were waiting so I investigated further and in IIS the virtual folder was pointing to the other, incorrect arcgisoutput folder.
I pointed IIS to the correct arcgisoutput folder and like magic the pdfs open when I click their name in the popup.

Keith
0 Kudos