Comparison Map Viewer Web App Templates - Pop-up issue

12-10-2012 09:40 AM
ConradSchaefer
New Contributor II
Hello
I am attempting to compare choropleth maps of Texas counties. They cover the same geographic extent and often the same counties are featured between the maps. When I preview the viewer it shows the same map three times and when you click on a county in one map a pop-up window opens in all three windows. Each pop-up contains data. However, when I edit the viewer to publish two of my maps (the number of maps doesn't matter, what seems to matter is that they are different maps) I lose the pop-up functionality. If you click on a county, with color, in either map a pop-up opens for both maps BUT the pop-up in the map you didn't click contains NO information. What I expected to happen was for the pop-up in each map to show its own respective data.

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Compare/SideBySideViewer_Configure/index.html?appid=71ef118d74b24abaa596f...

any clue on what to do about this. I am trying to offer comparisons of waste management data in the same counties.
Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This appears to be a bug... We'll have to take a look at this.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ConradSchaefer
New Contributor II
This appears to be a bug... We'll have to take a look at this.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike,
While you are at it, I thought you may want to know that there seems to be a difference in the way this map displays in Firefox vs Chrome. I noticed that in Firefox the counties in the different maps DO match up consistently when clicked on, despite one not having any information in the pop-up. However, in Chrome, it appears to match up in each map in the viewer the first time you click on a county BUT when you move on to another county to see its information in a pop-up the pop-up in the window you did not click jumps back to a previous county. So, in Chrome, the counties selected in each of the maps do not match.

And, if you have a second, I don't know how you guys work on bugs, so, is this something that gets fixed in a couple days, weeks, or a month? or is this a long term problem that I shouldn't expect to change anytime soon? I really like the compare templates. If they were to be fixed in a couple weeks or something I would stick with this effort to visualize this project on ArcGIS.com via the compare templates.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I was using Chrome, so I'll have to take a look at Firefox. As far as a timeframe for an update, unfortunately, this will miss our next update, so the one following that is scheduled for the end of the 1st quarter next year.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos