mobile basemap gallery thumbnail arrangement

12-07-2012 07:42 AM
NakishaFouch
New Contributor
I am using the mobile gallery with map sample and I was curious if it is possible to arrange the basemaps some other way on the page where you select them?  I am going to limit the basemaps to 4 but I want the page to only show 2 per row, so they all fit on the main screen without a scroll.

Any insight is greatly appreciated...I have seen the forum posts regarding using specific basemaps (both via the javascript and the arcgisonline group) so I think I am good there.  I just need some insight on changing the arrangement, if it is at all possible.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NakishaFouch
New Contributor
So to elaborate on this issue in hopes that I can get a response, here is a more specific description of the problem:

I am using the mobile gallery with map example, I do not want the gallery to be one long horizontal string of images, instead I would prefer to have the gallery look more like the basemap gallery that is available for the web apps (i.e. rows of images).  However, despite trying to use content panes, editing the css, etc... it seems that during the creation of the gallery and/or the startup there is an on the fly calculation for the width the of the slideContainer that is dictating how wide the page is, and because of this regardless of the esriMoblieGallery container size - my images always have enough room to stretch out and not stack into rows. 

Is there anyone that has found away to resolve this issue?  Or maybe has some insight into other things I can try?
0 Kudos
NakishaFouch
New Contributor
In case anyone else finds that using a long horizontal scroll on a mobile device inefficient...here is the the fix.

After:
gallery.startup();

add:

gallery._slideDiv.style.width = 'auto';

Someone with a dojo background gave me the solution.
0 Kudos