attachment link shows original path to attachment

12-05-2012 09:35 AM
AnnMcManus
New Contributor
I have a feature service with attachments. The attachments work fine. Sometimes however in the pop-up, the hyperlink to the attachment merely says the file name (ie. river.jpg) and sometimes the hyperlink says the entire path to the original document (ie c:\users\...\river.jpg). Both work fine but I don't really want the full path name showing up especially considering its not a valid path name once the document is uploaded to the server.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WillCorum
New Contributor II
I have a feature service with attachments. The attachments work fine. Sometimes however in the pop-up, the hyperlink to the attachment merely says the file name (ie. river.jpg) and sometimes the hyperlink says the entire path to the original document (ie c:\users\...\river.jpg). Both work fine but I don't really want the full path name showing up especially considering its not a valid path name once the document is uploaded to the server.

Also seeing this. Anyone else? Know of a fix?
0 Kudos
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Will,

The issue is because of the security setting for Internet Explorer

Here is way to change the full file path to only the file name:

1. Open Internet Explore and click Tools --> Internet Options --> Security --> Custom level button 

2. Confirm that disable "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server." is checked

3. Click OK and try to attach new file. The issue should be fixed.

IE setting.JPG

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos