Why CityEngine closes automatically?

11-30-2012 06:40 AM
GucluSen
New Contributor II
I installed 2012.1 version CityEngine software but when I work with the program, it suddenly closes.
Sometimes, this situation is being during different operations.

For example;
I want to study Tutorial 1.
I create a new project and a new scene but when I want to try copy-paste "assets" and "rules" files, the program closed itself.
I don't understand, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

My System;

Intel Core i5 CPU 2.27GHz
4GB RAM
64 Bit Windows 7 OS
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SantiagoRivera
New Contributor
I installed 2012.1 version CityEngine software but when I work with the program, it suddenly closes.
Sometimes, this situation is being during different operations.

For example;
I want to study Tutorial 1.
I create a new project and a new scene but when I want to try copy-paste "assets" and "rules" files, the program closed itself.
I don't understand, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

My System;

Intel Core i5 CPU 2.27GHz
4GB RAM
64 Bit Windows 7 OS

¿ATI Graphics? If yes, --> read post about problems with ATI. Simply deactivate two parameters on preferences dialog.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
If somehow possible, try to get more RAM into your machine too.

4GB is on the very low end. Use at least 6 or 8 GB. CE is quite hungry for RAM, so this may help you !

Let me know ..

m.
0 Kudos
GucluSen
New Contributor II
My graphic card is ATI,
I have read the post about problems with ATI;

Since deactivating the Texture Compression will be problematic with datasets that contain many textures, we recommend to deactivate the MipMaps since it only results in a very marginal flickering of the textures in the viewport.

I have tried to do this tips and disabled "MipMaps" or disabled "Texture Compression" but there is no difference.

When I've selected a rule in the navigator window, CityEngine has closed. Sometimes, I've selected a rule and created several buildings. Then, I want to select a different rule file, CityEngine has closed again.

I am going to try to increase RAM or I will try to install CityEngine another computer that has 6GB or 8GB RAM.

Thanks,
0 Kudos