arcgis server administration issue

11-29-2012 09:05 AM
AnthonyCalderon
New Contributor II
Hi All -

We are having an issue connecting to arcgis server 10.1 from arc catalog.  We are able to log into web manager interface but arc catalog returns: "Access to this resource is forbidden, regardless of authorization."  I had it working on one workstation right after the server was installed but now none of our workstations are able to connect through catalog.  We are running 10.1 SP1 on the server and clients.

Additional note, we are able to connect from catalog if we choose "use" but both publish and administer return the error above.  I have tried both internal auth and windows auth and both return the same error.  I have searched the interweb and have not found any one else reporting this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
DamianoMontrasio
New Contributor III
Hi,
I have the same problem... in the past I solved by turning off the windows firewall, but now it still does not work.

In other installations had no problems, it may be due to the installation of some Windows update that has restricted permissions to web requests made �??�??by internal applications?

Thanks in advance...

Damiano
RobertJones2
Occasional Contributor
Have you checked authorisation settings for the relevant ArcGIS Server services?
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
where you have licenses: program files or program files (x86) ? Are the folders esri license accessible? When do you have register the license ? In june it's (row) with 5 values with comma separator, now it's 6 values with comma separator (rows in keycodes)
0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
I'm receiving the same error message trying to connect to service in ArcCatalog. Did you ever resolve this issue?
Rachel
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Excuse me I have confusion with another question. Are you in this situation:
"...If your server administrator has configured the Web Adaptor to block administrative access to the server, you will not be able to connect to the server in ArcGIS for Desktop through the Web Adaptor URL using an administrative or publisher connection. Alternatively, you can connect directly to the GIS server by using the URL format http://<GIS server>:6080/arcgis ..."
0 Kudos
RachelS
Domenico,
I have adminstravtive access to my own GIS Server, but I'm trying to use the services from an external GIS server, it keeps giving me the error that permission is forbidden, although if I type the same path into a url I do have access it's only when I connect to it in ArcCatlog.
Rachel
0 Kudos
JasonKolbow
New Contributor III
Hey Rachel,

It sounds like your shop is unable to reach the URL that you're requesting...Are you able to hit the external ArcGIS Server's REST Endpoints for the services that you're attempting to use from Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox/Safari etc? If you are unable to hit those directories, I would only assume that it's blocking the same request from your ArcCatalog session.

Jason
0 Kudos
JasonKolbow
New Contributor III
Hey Rachel,

Is this URL that you're attempting to utilize inside of Catalog a public URL that I can try to load on my end?

Thanks,

JMK
0 Kudos
RachelS
HI JMK,

No it's not public it requires a secure token for my server, I'm starting to think maybe Flex has issues with tokens?
I've now added the path and token straight into the config of my flexviewer and when I load the viewer it brings up the Sign in with Username and Password of the map service I'm trying to access.
However when I type in the credentials it gives an error #2032.
I googled this and Adobe says the 'error appears to occur when the url or file is blocked or not found by HTTPService call'.
I'm using AGS 10.1 and Flex 3, I've logged a call to ESRI and they seem slightly baffled by it also.

Rachel
0 Kudos