Dynamic Layer Visibility Issue

11-28-2012 10:30 AM
MattO_Hara
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm having some weird behavior with dynamic layers and I'm wondering if it's just something I'm doing wrong or what. I've made an example demonstrating my problem.

Example

The dynamic layer is never visible. I've made a feature layer that does show up to demonstrate that there should be visible data in the layer.

Any help is appreciated!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
interesting, you data isnt visible via your rest service either

http://geoportal.gc.ca/ArcGIS/rest/services/chs-shc/los-nds/MapServer/?f=jsapi

maybe an access/data/mxd issue?
0 Kudos
PaulBushore
Occasional Contributor
I took a look of the export image rest endpoint in FireBug and the image is looking for
http://stewart:8014/arcgisoutput/_ags_mapf26fc697a31a424091c2ece250c62d5e.png

Looks like they have an internal reference rather than a fully qualified domain maybe or is this what you would expect to see with the new version of arcgis 10?
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
actually, looks like the proxied the endpoint but did not proxy the output directory.
0 Kudos
PaulBushore
Occasional Contributor
Sorry, deleted my post that Jeff is responding to, but I think his post still makes sense and is the likely culprit.
0 Kudos
MattO_Hara
New Contributor
Thanks for the help. I've made the output directory accessible now but it didn't fix the problem.

I get some very weird results on that map and I think there is something wrong with the way the map is made or the database behind it. It wasn't made by me but swapping to different services on the same server cause it to function properly.
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Are the services coming from SDE?

If not, double check the paths for the datasets. I always get tripped up because my map service used network drive letters when they should have been UNC format. Remember, your server won't know what a G, L, or Z drive is so that's one reason that features won't show up in a map service.
0 Kudos