Create Layer from Selected Features Not Working

Jump to solution
11-27-2012 09:53 AM
RobertDouglas
New Contributor
Greetings,

Not sure if this is the right sub-group but it is automation. The Create Layer From Selected Features command that can be added to a tool bar from the Customize Mode - Commands Tab is grayed out when I close the Customize Mode window. It works if I right click the layer, but I want to add it to a toolbar for a client to streamline a workflow. Are there any bugs why this won't work? I have tried in 10.0 and 10.1.

Thanks,
Robbie
NYC DOT IT
GIS Development Intern
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
This is not a bug.  This type of command only works when added to the appropriate context menu.  If you drag this command onto a toolbar, there is no layer context.  I.e., how would the command know for what layer you want to build the feature selection for?

If you tried dragging this command onto the feature layer context menu (where it already resides) it would work.

Sorry,
Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
This is not a bug.  This type of command only works when added to the appropriate context menu.  If you drag this command onto a toolbar, there is no layer context.  I.e., how would the command know for what layer you want to build the feature selection for?

If you tried dragging this command onto the feature layer context menu (where it already resides) it would work.

Sorry,
Jeff
0 Kudos